101 Best SEO Tips
001. Learn SEO.
002. Practice SEO.
003. SEO is not hard to follow.
004. List down your competitors.
005. Get targeted keywords related to your niche.
006. Research which targeted keywords attracts more traffic.
007. Research which targeted keywords attracts less traffic.
008. Know your competitors keywords. [View its source page]
009. Compare your keywords with the competitor’s keywords.
010. Try to use your targeted keyword wherever required.
011. Use keywords in Meta tags.
012. Focus on phrases too.
013. Don’t stuff your Meta tags with keywords. This would penalize your site.
014. Use a maximum of 10 keywords in the Meta keyword section.
015. Try not to exceed more than 400 character spaces in the Meta keyword section.
016. Use them wisely.
017. Don’t just rely on keywords.
018. Don’t sell your keywords.
019. Use Meta tags.
020. Meta tags are important. Don’t ignore them. But don’t rely on them too heavily
021. Insert Meta tags just before the head tag, so it’s the first thing scanned by search engine spiders.
Meta Tag Generator Tool
022. Optimize your Meta tags.
023. Treat your Meta title tag like gold.
024. Add an index, follow Meta tag. [Not necessary]
025. Keep it short, sweet and simple.
026. Limit it to 65 characters. They will be cut down if it exceeds. And you won’t like them.
027. If you offer specific service do mention it in the title tag.
028. Make sure every page has a title.
029. Spiders hate untitled page.
030. Try to show website hierarchy for categories and other deep pages in the title.
031. Make sure every page has a unique Meta description, especially for your main homepage.
032. Make sure you clearly define what your blog or website is about in the Meta description. Also in the post pages, specify what the article is about.
033. Try to include your targeted keywords in Meta description.
034. Meta description content should be within the first 150 characters. Try not to exceed more than 300 characters.
036. Add your website to Google Webmaster Tools (GWT)
037. Create an HTML sitemap
038. Create an XML sitemap and submit it to GWT
039. Avoid unnecessary or excessive use of coding on a page.
041. Avoid using flash objects on a website.
042. Avoid inline styling.
043. Separate styling from page using CSS
044. Use style sheets.
045. Avoid using dynamic URL. [Usually random numbers or letters]
046. If using dynamic URL, avoid using too many parameters
047. Use static URL
048. Try to use keywords in the URL structure.
049. Separate keywords with a DASH [http://www.abc.com/key1-key2-key3]
050. Content is king, so be sure to have good, well-written and unique content that will focus on your primary keyword or keyword phrase.
051. Be sure that your site has both unique and quality content.
052. Make your title “Catchy”. Organize the body of the post into three parts. Intro > Exploit > Conclusion.
053. Make sure you write more than 300 words [search engines like long posts]
054. Make sure you use your targeted keywords in the 1st Para or 1st sentence of the content.
055. Try using synonyms of your targeted keyword in the content.
056. Maintain an average keyword density of 5% to 7%.
058. Don’t hide text by making it the same color as the background.
059. Don’t hide text by making it too small for a user to see.
060. Don’t stuff keywords in your text.
061. Bold or italicize important keywords or Para.
062. Use heading tags to denote important text (H1-H6).Make sure you use the H1 tag in your content.
063. Use alt tags
064. Alt tags should be relevant to the image
065. Avoid numbers for naming image. Use keywords separated by dash. [key1-key2.png]
066. Separate the keywords in alt tags by DASH [-] or PLUS sign [+].
067. Don’t use heavy large size images.
068. Interlink pages wherever required.
069. The more a page is interlinked, the more important that page will be deemed.
070. Make sure you use keywords for your hyperlinks.
071. The more interlinks for a page, the more votes for that page.
072. Avoid creating hyperlinks that says “Click Here” or “Read More”.
073. Use title tag for images eg: <img alt=”Key1-Key2″ title=”About image” />
074. Use title tag for links. eg: <a href=”#” title=”About link” href=”link”>Anchor Text<</a>
075. Focus on acquiring one-way links from a websites that are similar to your niche (ex: blogging sites should try to get links from other blogging sites).
076. Focus on acquiring one-way links from websites that have high Google Page Rank.
077. Link exchange is good, but don’t follow or rely them heavily.
078. Exchange links with reputed websites
079. Avoid Link Farming.
081. Submit your RSS feed to the blogosphere.
082. Use popular forums related to your niche to link back.
083. Link your website to forum signature.
084. Leave comments on popular & related blogs
086. Use Google analytics to track result.
088. Submit your blog to Technorati. Technorati pages rank well in Yahoo and MSN.
089. Do not submit your blog to 100 irrelevant directories. Submit your blog to directories related to your niche.
090. Submit a guest post to your related niche.
091. If you are on a shared server, do a blacklist check to be sure you’re not on a proxy with a spammer or banned site.
092. Be aware that by using services that block domain ownership information when you register a domain, Google might see you as a potential spammer.
093. Make sure you leave call to action with your content.
094. Add new, useful content to your site on a regular basis. Fresh content can improve your rankings.
095. Create an RSS feed and optimize the same.
096. If you are offering service or selling products, get your site listed in Google Maps, Yahoo Locals…
097. Don’t kill SEO. SEO is never ending.
098. Be Patient. SEO is not a one shot process.
099. SEO is all about Text, Link, Popularity, and Reputation.
100. Give link love and Get link love.
101.And always try to create a 101 resource list.